Monday, December 5, 2011

One Month and Placement

A few days ago I received an email from the Namibia Program Manager letting us know we have less than a month until we arrive in the Namibian capital, Windhoek. I am currently in the process of observing ESL classes at the middle school and high school in Durham. The biggest concern I have in Namibia is my performance as a teacher. A lot of former teachers and new ones at both schools have been extremely helpful with the advice and support they've given me.

I also recently received my placement. I'm going to be living in a town in the north-central part of the country called Omungwelume, located in the region known as Ohangwena. The capital of the north is Oshakati, only 30km away from Omungwelume. I'm going to be teaching English and computer skills at Eengedjo Secondary School, a hostel (boarding) high school. I will be living in a house on the school's campus with another volunteer who has been teaching in Namibia this past year and decided to extend for another. I couldn't be happier with my living situation or school, though I probably shouldn't judge anything until I actually arrive.

Thank you to everyone for your support. Still getting a fix on the date for a going-away party, if any questions or anything email me!

Here is where I'll be living

No comments:

Post a Comment